31 July 2006

Screaming Piha

At long last, I am posting the sketch of the 'final' layout for 'The Scream', my Screaming Piha painting that won't seem to jump up into action on the drawing table. I am still working on the feet, and will be doing a fair bit of experimenting on the background in the next few days, but here is the composition of the image. The feet of this bird have been a challenge for me to work out. I am not a big fan of skimping on the feet. Their positioning and overall structure says a lot about a bird painting, even though most observers barely even notice if they look correct. I will post again specifically about depiction of bird feet, and update the final Screaming Piha foot position soon.
Image posting delayed...I will try to get blogger to accept the image again later today.

No comments: